- 450 g (1 lb) young carrots, scrubbed
- salt and pepper
- 50 g (2 oz) unsalted butter
- 25 g ( 1 oz) flaked almonds
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground
- 10 ml (2 tsp) ground coriander
- 5 ml (1 tsp) honey
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) roughly chopped chives
- 5 ml (1 tsp) lemon juice
Steam the carrots or cook in boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes or until just tender. Drain well.
Melt the butter in a large frying pan and stir in the almonds and spices. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until the almonds are golden brown. Toss in the carrots, honey, chives and lemon juice. Stir over a high heat until well mixed, then season with salt and pepper and serve.