- 275 g (10 oz) haddock fillet, skinned
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) creamed horseradish
- 100 ml (4 fl oz) milk
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) snipped chives
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped parsley
- 350 g (12 oz) cooked potatoes, mashed
- 50 g (2 oz) fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
Puree the fish in a blender or food processor with the lemon juice. Worcestershire sauce and horseradish. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the milk, herbs and potatoes until evenly blended.
Shape the mixture into 4 fish cakes; coat with breadcrumbs.
Grill under a moderate heat for 5 minutes on each side, until browned. Serve with a fresh tomato sauce and crisp leafy salad.