- 125 g (4 oz) small new potatoes
- 125 g (4 oz) shelled broad beans
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, peeled
- 225 g (8 oz) courgettes
- 50 g (2 oz) soft cheese, preferably fresh goat's cheese
- 4 eggs
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped thyme
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 125 g (4 oz) cooked peeled prawns
- 125 g (4 oz) lightly cooked salmon, flaked
- whole cooked prawns, to garnish
Cook the potatoes and broad beans separately in boiling salted water until just tender; drain thoroughly. Roughly chop the onion. Slice the courgettes.
In a bowl, whisk together the cheese, eggs, thyme and seasoning.
Heat the oil in a large shallow flameproof pan. Add the onion, courgettes, potatoes and beans. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, then add the prawns and salmon. Pour in the egg mixture.
As the eggs cook, push the mixture into the centre to allow the raw egg to flow down to the edge of the pan. When the frittata is lightly set, place the pan under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes until golden. Garnish with prawns and serve immediately.
Substitute fresh sorrel for the thyme. The broad beans can be skinned for extra colour.