- 1 onion, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) turmeric
- 5 ml (1 tsp) black mustard seeds
- 2.5 ml ( 1/2 tsp) chilli powder
- 2.5 ml ( 1/2 tsp) ground cardamom
- 7.5 ml ( 1 1/2 tsp) ground cumin
- 7.5 ml ( 1 1/2 tsp) ground coriander
- 400 g (14 oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 500 g ( 1 1/4 lb) cooked turkey
- 5 ml (1 tsp) garam masala
- 150 ml (5fl oz) natural yogurt
- chopped coriander, to garnish
Chop the onion; finely chop the garlic. Heat the oil in a heavy- based pan, add the onion and garlic and fry until golden.
Add the turmeric, mustard seeds, chilli powder, cardamom, cumin and coriander; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add the tomatoes and season with salt. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, chop the turkey into large chunks, discarding any bones and skin.
Stir the garam masala and 60 ml (4 tbsp) of the yogurt into the tomato mixture. Add the turkey, stir well, cover and cook gently for 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining yogurt and sprinkle with coriander before serving. Accompany with rice.